- Are all masonry units (sizes, types and colors), mortars and
grouts clearly selected? Pay special attention that specified
grouts are actually used.
- What are the testing requirements for the masonry work?
- Are the masonry connections clear?
- Are movement joints clearly detailed and located?
- Is everything clear with anchor bolts, rebar, bond beams,
grouting, lintels and flashing?
- Who is responsible for line and grade?
- Who is responsible for cold/hot weather special requirements?
- Is the method and responsibility clear for temporary wall
bracing and wall covering?
- How will "final product" masonry walls be kept clean during
- Is the method and responsibility for final cleaning clear?
- What type of scaffolding will be used?
- How will the block, brick, mortar, etc. get to the masons on
- Where will the masonry materials be stored and mortars mixed?
- How will various weather conditions be handled?
- How will a safe working environment be achieved?