|Apple iTunes Store||Android Market||Blackberry App World|
|Discuss this app on the forum|
“Very Nice! Good, Quick, and knowledgeable - I used to describe my personality. And plugged wife's, friends, and work colleagues. Right on target for all four. Can't wait to use it more. Would be nice to print/email results.”
- User review from BlackBerry App World
And in response to this suggestion, results can now be emailed, texted & copied.
You succeed more often when you have a strategy. Take a minute to determine your Personality Profile and that of other people you communicate with. The suggestions supplied by this app will help you get better results in any communication. If you prepare for an important interaction with your boss, spouse, friend or enemy, you’ll more likely achieve your desired outcome. The more effective you make a presentation, the better you will like the results.
Learn more about the personality types here. Use this app to find your own Personality Profile and then determine the Personality Profile of the person with whom you are negotiating or presenting. Take the time to prepare both the style and the substance of your presentation, so it better meshes with how the other person operates. It may seem like too much work, but remember the Secret of Success: Successful People Do the Things Unsuccessful People Don’t Want to Do and Won’t Do.
You have a boss who seems to get annoyed every time you deal with him. You quickly go through this app and find you are a Calculating Controller, someone who loves to understand the details and be precise and clear. You find your boss is a Demanding Driver, an impatient and decisive person. When you give lots of detail to your boss, he gets annoyed and thinks less of you. You need to learn to communicate with him in short, focused bits; to quickly summarize and make recommendations.
Here's how it works:
1. The initial screen allows you to set up your own personality profile and that of up to 25 other people.
2. The next four screens ask you to consider the person and check which attributes he or she exhibits. This may seem like lots of work, but can be done in a minute or two, don't think too long about each attribute, just go with your first instinct.
3. After inputting the attributes of various people, you then select a person with whom you will be interacting. As you consider how that negotiation or presentation will likely proceed, you check the suggestions this program offers.
4. The conclusions below will help guide you toward the most successful negotiation or presentation. By planning the event and considering the personalities of yourself and the other person, you will end with a better result. Your selected strategy will help you achieve your goals.
Remember the Secret of Success: Successful People Do the Things Unsuccessful People Don’t Want to Do and Won’t Do.
Explanation of the Personality Types:
Over the years I examined many different personality systems, such as “The DISC Personality Profile,” “Myers-Briggs Type Indicator,” Get a Life Without the Strife by Fred and Florence Littauer, The Six Thinking Hats by Edward deBono, etc. I developed my own simple Basic Personality guidelines for your use based on the DISC model.
Type D - Demanding
A Type D personality (Demanding Driver) pushes to get things done. Type D’s dominate relationships; they usually have a strong sense of what needs to be done and move boldly to accomplish the goal. Stubborn and impatient, Type D’s don’t have time to fool around. They want things done and they want things done NOW! The hard-nosed boss is a classic Type D personality.
Type I -
The Type I personality (Invigorating Influencer) concerns himself less with what gets done and more with having a good time doing it. The Type I is the people person, the social director of any group. With spirit and enthusiasm, Type I personalities want to have fun and usually expect the best of others. The downside of a Type I personality is the tendency to be naïve, haphazard and unpredictable. The successful salesperson is a classic Type I personality.